Thursday, March 09, 2017

Blog News 3/9/17: R.I.P. Black Laptop 2010-2017



Well, I got some good news and bad news.

The bad news is that probably due to some lame software update that I was unaware of. My laptop crashed on 2/26/17 on the night of the Oscars. It took me some time to find a suitable place in the hopes that it would repaired. Well, I took the laptop to Office Max in the hopes it would get fixed but the severity of the damage did force me to fear the worst as I tried to get a data transfer into a new laptop that I was able to purchase for nearly $360 which was much less than the one I spent on 7 years ago. The other big bad news that the data transfer was unsuccessful meaning I pretty much lost 7 years of my body of work that I was fortunate at least to have released in this blog and in my music blog.

Yet, I have to start over which will be tough but I now have something new to work with in this new laptop which is the only good news that I can say. In the meantime, I will make a full return in the next few days to a week with a full review of A Bigger Splash and my next Blind Spot piece.

10 comments:

Brittani Burnham said...

I'm sorry you lost your work! I'm glad you have most of it on this blog that you can back up though. :( Look forward to reading you again!

thevoid99 said...

I think I still have five years of work in my external hard drive. It's going to take me a few days to get back in the groove full time and catch up on the recent Thursday Movie Picks series.

ruth said...

Oh my, sorry you lost your work Steven! I hope you get it sorted out and you can start posting reviews again. Hang in there!

thevoid99 said...

@ruth-I have some backup files dating back for five years as I'm not sure how to open it. Maybe there's some material there. At least I know that I've published about most of it though there's a few that need to be rebuilt but I'm not too sad about it.

s. said...

Oh man, thank God for external hard drive and this blog then! Good thing to do is to also download blog content every once in a while just to make sure everything is saved

thevoid99 said...

@Sati.-Exactly. I have to thank Bonjour for what to do when it comes to blog crashes as I'm just relieved that at least a lot of my work has been published. As for the external hard drive. I need to figure out how to uncover some of the stuff that's been backed up for years.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for that hard drive. Hope you get back into the swing of things, we'll all be here for you.

thevoid99 said...

@vinnieh-I'm definitely back as I'm just glad that I had some back-up. I just need to figure out how to decipher it.

Alex Withrow said...

That's a tough fuckin' blow my friend. I'm so glad your work was backed up on your sites though!

thevoid99 said...

@Alex Withrow-I'm just glad I managed to post nearly all of them on this blog.